Friday, June 12, 2009

Our Dog Dusty

This is our dog Dusty. He is a Wheaten Terrier that we rescued from a dog shelter. This happened to be back in February right around Mike and Caden's Birthdays. Caden and I were driving in the car one day when we had this conversation:


Mom?


Yes Caden?


I think Grandma is going to get me a dog for my birthday.


I don't think she is love. I think grandma would have talked to me about that first.


(a quiet moment to ponder his thoughts...)


No one that cares about me will get me a dog! (this was said with all the sadness he could muster)



This is the day that we went to the animal shelter and found Dusty. I didn't really intend on getting a dog that day. We had gone and played with the puppies at the pet store many times knowing that we just were not getting one. I guess there was just something about Dusty that we liked. I felt that he would be a good dog and he really turned out to be just that. So now we have our little boy and his dog.

Every little boy should have a dog. Don't you think?

1 comment:

 

Mike, Jamie, & Caden | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates